The WordPress.com stats helper monkeys prepared a 2012 annual report for this blog.
Here’s an excerpt:
600 people reached the top of Mt. Everest in 2012. This blog got about 2,100 views in 2012. If every person who reached the top of Mt. Everest viewed this blog, it would have taken 4 years to get that many views.
Click here to see the complete report.
By Pastor Ted Krey
Our Lord Jesus Christ calls upon His church to pray to Him to raise up laborers of the Harvest! It is our privilege this month to present to you some of our co-workers for the sake of the Gospel. Please keep these brothers and sisters in your prayers. Pary for a strong faith, and a joy in the Gospel of our crucified and risen Lord Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of sins, so that through the church, the song goes on!
Dr. Marisol Martinez
Pastor Willy Gaspar, his wife Santa, and his daughters Estefani and Yeandra
Seminarian Armando Olivares (right), Mandy and Army
Seminarian Yban & Marta Navarro, Ambar Y Anel
Vicar Roberto Weber, Seminarian Idjon Fritz, Seminarian Pedro Lara
Principal Kissayris Gebhardt (middle) along with the teachers
By Pastor Walter Ries Jr.
In Las Americas, we were blessed to participate in the opening fo a new school 150 feet from Pastor Willy Gaspar’s congregation. A member of the congregation, Julio, has invited Pastor Gaspar to give devotions twice a week and serve as Chaplain of the school. Some 110 children from kindergarten to grade seven will have the opportunity to hear God’s Word in Christ from Pastor Gaspar. Thank God for this opportunity!
Children studying the catechism.
By Pastor Ted Krey
At this time, our missions are being blessed through the preaching fo the Word. Some 40 people in 5 different classes are studying the catechism in our missions. We are thankful to the Lord of the Harvest for sinners being called to repentance and forgiveness in the Good News of our dear Lord Jesus Christ. Give thanks with us and pray that shese seeds which have been sown would take deep root and not have the cares of the world take them away.
* For Principal Kissayris Gebhard, the teachers, and students at Concordia Lutheran School in Palmar.
* For the seminarians in their studies, Idjon, Armando, Pedro and Yban.
* For Brian as he oversees the completion of our seminary building in Palmar Arriba.
* For our group home and the children – Estefani, Moises, Randy, Ramona, Francis and Junior.
* Thanksgiving for the good health of our missionaries.
* Health and safety for Pastor Willy Gaspar as he finishes projects in Leyogone, Haiti.
* For all preparing for baptism and confirmation through catechism classes, that the Word may take deep root through faith in Christ and His precious promises.
* For Pastor Rickman and his family as they transition to the Dominican in January.
* For our new deaconess intern, Katie Ziegler, as she arrives on the field on October 1st.
* For health and safety for all of our missionaries throughout Latin America.
Seminarian Idjon Fritz, being installed as school Chaplain for Escuela Luterana la Concordia
By Pastor Ted Krey
Our school opening was celebrated Sunday evening, September 9th, in a special service in which the children of the school sang hymns and recited Bible verses. In this service Idjon Fritz, who has studies theology for four years, was installed as chaplain of our school. Idjon has taught music, French and sports for two years. He has continued to grow in his knowledge of Scriptures and we are thrilled to have him work with the pastors and vicar in pointing our parents, teachers, and students to Christ in all things. Thus far, our school has grown from 115 children last year to 138 students this year, along with one new teacher.
- Our seminarians – John, Armando, Army, Pedro, and Ivon
- For our group home and the children – Estefani, Moises, Randy, Ramona, Francis, and Junior
- For Principal Kissayris Gebhard, the teachers, and students at Concordia Lutheran School in Palmar as the school year gets underway.
- Thanksgiving for our most recent volunteer group from St. Paul’s Lutheran Church, Lakeland, FL.
- For Pastor Rickman and his family as they prepare to serve in Santo Domingo.
- For our new deaconess intern, Katie Ziegler as she prepares to transition to the Dominican Republic in October.
- For health and safety for all of our missionaries throughout Latin America.